For us at MyRidingboots.com, your privacy is very important. We therefore only process data that we need for our service and process improvement. Naturally, we take great care while handling the information we have about you and your use of our services. Moreover, we never make your data available to any third parties for commercial purposes. We value your privacy as much as we would our own!
What information do we need?
We are happy to explain which information we ask of you and what we use it for.
- We think that personal service is very important. Furthermore, we will never see you as a number, so we would like to know your first and last name.
- We need to know whereto we should send your order or invoice. Therefore, we need your address data.
- We like to keep you posted and send you updates about your order. To make communication as easy as possible, we would like to be able to use your e-mail address.
- When we need to let you know something about your order or ask you something important, using e-mail as a form of communication is sometimes less ideal. For this reason, we would like your phone number. A phone call is a quicker and more personal, making it possible for us to offer you the best service we can.
How do we process the information we have about you?
We are glad to explain to you how we process your data, where we store it, what security techniques we use, and for whom the data are available.
- We only use your data for the benefit of our services. Likewise, we do not use your data for (target) marketing, unless you have indicated that we can.
- When you share information with us, and we would like to use this information to contact you at a later time – other than at your request – we explicitly ask for your permission.
- Your data will only be shared with third parties for accounting and other necessary administrative purposes. These third parties are all obliged to confidentiality. We never make your data available to any third parties for commercial purposes.
Our Webshop was developed with a certain website software company. The personal data you have provided will be shared with this company. Why?
- To offer us (technical) support.
- To ensure you of a completely secure web store. Various measures have been taken to establish this secure environment. These measures consist of the application of SSL encryption, a strong password policy, and secure data storage.
- Naturally, this third party takes account of the applicable statutory retention periods for (personal) data.
Web hosting and emailing
Subscribing to our newsletter is an excellent way to stay on top of the news, promotions, etc. Our newsletter will be sent to the email address you provided. You may unsubscribe at any time via the ‘unsubscribe’ link at the bottom of the newsletter. Our mailing partner processes personal data on our behalf but does not use this data for any other purposes.
Our payment provider processes your name, address details, and payment details such as your bank account or credit card number. Naturally, appropriate technical and organizational measures have been taken to protect your personal data.
Your data may also be used to further improve our service. Should we need to share details about your payment with third parties, we will always do so anonymously. Appropriate technical and organizational measures have been taken to protect your personal data in this process.
Your reviews help us improve our products and services. When writing a review through Kiyoh, you will be asked to put down your name, the city you live in, and your email address. Kiyoh shares this information with us so that we can connect the review to your order.
Reviews help us grow and improve, which is why we share your name and email address with Kiyoh. Kiyoh is then able to invite you to write a review about your order or our service. Kiyoh uses your personal information for this purpose only.
When you place an order at deniroridingboots.com, we immediately get started on your order, to ensure that it can be sent out to you as soon as possible. When your order is ready, we share your name, email address, and address details with our parcel carrier, so that they know where to ship the package to, and who to contact if they have any further questions for you. The parcel service only uses your information to this extent. Your email address will also be used to send you a track & trace link, which you can use to track your order.
Tax and criminal investigation
We are legally obliged to share your details with the government in case of a tax or criminal investigation. In such an exceptional case, we will still act against sharing your data – within the possibilities that the law offers us.
On the basis of the applicable Dutch and European legislation, you as a data subject have certain rights with regard to the personal data processed by us or on our behalf. We will explain below what these rights are and how you can invoke these rights. In order to prevent abuse, we will only send copies of your data to your e-mail address already known to us. In the event that you wish to receive the data at a different e-mail address or, for example, by post, we will ask you to identify yourself. You will receive all data and copies of data in the machine-readable data format that we use within our systems.
You have the right to submit a complaint to the Dutch Data Protection Authority at any time if you suspect that we are using your personal data in the wrong way.
Right of inspection: You always have the right to view the data that we (have) process(ed) and that relates
to your person or that can be traced to it. You can make a request to that effect to our contact person for privacy matters. You will receive a response to your request within 30 days. If your request is granted, we will send you a copy of all data with an overview of the processors who have this data at the e-mail address known to us, stating the category under which we have stored this data.
Rectification right: You always have the right to have the data that we have (or have processed) that relates to your person or that can be traced to that change. You can make a request to that effect to our contact person for privacy matters. You will receive a response to your request within 30 days. If your request is granted, we will send you a confirmation at the e-mail address known to us that the information has been changed.
Right to limit processing: You always have the right to limit the data that we (have or) process that relates to or can be traced to your person. You can make a request to that effect to our contact person for privacy matters. You will receive a response to your request within 30 days. If your request is granted, we will send you a confirmation at the e-mail address known to us that the information until you remove the restriction will no longer be processed.
Right to transferability: You always have the right to have the data that we have (or have processed) that relates to your person or that can be traced to that data, carried out by another party. You can make a request to that effect to our contact person for privacy matters. You will receive a response to your request within 30 days. If your request is granted, we will send you copies or copies of all data about you that we have processed or that have been processed on our behalf by other processors or third parties at the e-mail address known to us. In all likelihood, in such a case, we can no longer continue to provide services, because the secure linking of data files can then no longer be guaranteed.
Right of objection and other rights: In appropriate cases, you have the right to object to the processing of your personal data. If you object, we will immediately cease the data processing pending the handling of your objection. If your objection is justified, we will make copies of data that we process or have processed available to you and then permanently cease processing. You also have the right not to be subject to automated individual decision-making or profiling. We do not process your data in such a way that this right applies. If you believe that this is the case, please contact our contact person for privacy matters.
Naturally, you can also let us know at any time when you wish for us to delete any information we have about you.